We're looking for an apprentice to work within our Payroll Bureau
Salary: £ Competitive
Hours of work: Full time, 37 hours per week
Location: Newcastle City Centre
UNW is currently looking for an enthusiastic Business Administration Apprentice to work within our Payroll Bureau. The successful applicant will have good IT, literacy and numerical skills, with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail. They must want to work in professional services, with a willingness to learn new software packages.
As an important part of the Payroll Service team, you will assist the department by providing support for a range of different payroll deadlines for a range of different businesses, working with the payroll manager and other team members to ensure all payroll tasks are completed to a high standard and meet the needs of the firm’s clients.
This role offers first class on the job training in a payroll bureau, no previous experience is required. The successful candidate will complete their Level 2 Business Administration and progress onto Level 3, as well as CIPP – Payroll Technician Certificate.
- Assist with processing weekly and monthly payroll for employers of varying sizes and complexities;
- Assist with pension data gathering and distributing of data to pension providers;
- Work with the team to get to know clients’ needs and build relationships;
- Assist with organising client files and ensuring they’re kept up to date
Key Skills Required;
- Job specific – Highly numerate with a high degree of attention to detail is essential. Must have achieved GCSE’s in maths, English and IT with grades A – C or grades 8 – 4 (if new version of GCSE’s have been taken).
- Technical – Good knowledge of Microsoft Office packages (particularly Excel and Outlook).
- Personal – Good interpersonal skills, ability to work well in a team, with a willingness to provide the best service possible with a flexible approach to tasks required to allow for support with team responsibilities. Have an organised, thorough and diligent approach to work, with the ability to prioritise. Act in a trustworthy capacity at all times and demonstrate a high level of integrity.
What makes UNW a great place to work?
When we ask our team members what makes UNW a great place to work, time and time again they say it’s the people that they work with.
Supportive, friendly, progressive, flexible, inclusive, welcoming, approachable, ambitious, caring and fun are just some of the words they use to describe UNW’s culture.
And it’s that unique culture, built on hard work and a commitment to providing the very best service to our clients that sets us apart from others and attracts some of the brightest and most experienced talent to UNW.
Based in the very heart of Newcastle city centre, we are committed to creating a thriving environment in which everyone feels valued and proud of their work. No gimmicks, just strong support and genuine opportunities to develop.
life at UNW... Careers at UNW