Business Administration Apprentice – Professional Services
Salary: £ Competitive
Hours of work: Full time, 37 hours per week
Duration: Approximately 18 months (note)
Location: Newcastle City Centre
UNW is currently looking for a driven and enthusiastic Business Administration Apprentice to work within our busy Audit & Assurance department. This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to start their career in office administration and gain a qualification while working. You’ll study for a Business Administration Apprenticeship (Level 3) with time off for studying with our chosen training provider and also gaining practical experience in the work environment. The apprenticeship is expected to take around 18 months to complete.
As an integral part of the Audit team, you will support the department by providing efficient administration assistance to the Audit & Assurance Secretary who supports the Audit team. You will work closely with the support team to ensure that all administrative tasks are completed to a high standard and meet the needs of the firm’s clients.
There is the opportunity to progress to a permanent role within UNW upon successful completion of the Apprenticeship qualification and demonstrating strong performance in the role.
- Providing administrative support for the Audit team, the work is very varied and includes drafting reports, billing clients and managing diaries
- Assist with department filing, photocopying, scanning and binding
- Provide reception, meeting room and switchboard cover as required
Key Skills Required;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software including Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
- The ability to pick up new IT systems easily is essential
- Team working skills
- Good time keeping skills
- Good organisational skills
- Committed to personal development
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- A confident telephone manner
- Good communication skills – written and verbal
- Willingness to be flexible and adapt to changing situations
- Keen to learn and have a positive attitude
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs at grades 4 or above (or equivalent) including Maths and English.
What makes UNW a great place to work?
When we ask our team members what makes UNW a great place to work, time and time again they say it’s the people that they work with.
Supportive, friendly, progressive, flexible, inclusive, welcoming, approachable, ambitious, caring and fun are just some of the words they use to describe UNW’s culture.
And it’s that unique culture, built on hard work and a commitment to providing the very best service to our clients that sets us apart from others and attracts some of the brightest and most experienced talent to UNW.
Based in the very heart of Newcastle city centre, we are committed to creating a thriving environment in which everyone feels valued and proud of their work. No gimmicks, just strong support and genuine opportunities to develop.
life at UNW... Careers at UNW