Salary: £ Competitive
Hours of work: Full time, 37 hours per week / Permanent
Location: Newcastle City Centre
The role at a glance
Due to recent growth, our payroll team are looking for a driven and enthusiastic Payroll Administrator to work from our city centre office. The successful applicant will preferably be proficient with Star payroll, or other payroll software packages. They will be proactive, highly numerate and have a high degree of attention to detail.
As an integral part of the payroll service team, they will work with the Payroll Assistant Managers to ensure all payroll tasks are completed to a high standard and meet the needs of clients.
What you’ll be doing
- Process end-to-end weekly and monthly payrolls for organisations of varying sizes and complexities;
- Set up pension schemes with various pension providers, providing calculations and distributing of necessary data.
- Work with clients to understand their needs and build excellent professional relationships;
- Reconciliations/manual calculations and client queries.
Who are we looking for?
- Experience in a payroll bureau is essential;
- Highly numerate with excellent attention to detail is essential;
- Ability to work independently on various payrolls end-to-end.
- Good knowledge of Star payroll software would be preferred;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office packages (particularly Excel (import/ export) and Outlook);
- Ability to transfer data from a payroll system to Microsoft Excel and or other payroll systems;
- Good knowledge of Bacs payment process.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a team
- A willingness to provide the best service possible to clients with a flexible approach to tasks required to allow you to support the wider payroll team;
- Have an organised, thorough, and diligent approach to work, with the ability to prioritise and manage deadlines effectively;
- Act in a trustworthy capacity at all times and demonstrate superb integrity;
- Due to the nature of work in a professional services firm and in particular the need to meet client deadlines, flexibility and strong time management skills are essential.
If you think that you have the experience and skills that we are looking for, please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to start a conversation.